Going ons

    Tuesday, March 24, 2009

    Proof of Otaku


    As with all breaks, you tend to find the most pointless/unproductive thing to do and do it...for a long time. I know I've wasted more than enough time organizing (digging through) my closet. Two drawers and 5 boxes later I came across this poster from what? 5? 6 years ago? Its a poster from the first Go-Gaia convention in Cali back when I was in high school. Kawaii-con was on my mind when I found this find this so I thought it was interesting enough to pointlessly blog about it ha ha.

    Thinking back, that Gaia-con was my first convention (and first time traveling without any adults). Ahh the 6 hour wait outside before the con started, being surrounded by dozens upon dozens of American hikikomoris and creepy Sephiroth fangirls. Crazy good cosplays, and the amazing horribly eye gouging first encounter with Man-Faye...what an experience that was! This post reminds me of one of my lifelong dreams, to experience ComicCon and Comiket at least once. I've done EVO and MLG but the last two pillars seem so far away.

    Anyway, good luck with your projects everyone! Don't dig into your closets, least you find some skeletons with HUEG time sinks attached to them!

    No comments: